ARCH is an independent company whose owners are all actuarially trained
Our advice and our fees are unrelated, thus ensuring objectivity and avoiding conflicts of interest.
ARCH was founded by Chanan Weiss in 1998 with a view to providing personalised and independent actuarial valuation and consulting services. His experience in the areas of retirement fund consulting, damages (third party) claims and employee benefit valuations set the foundation for the ongoing development of actuarial models, reports and consulting that continue as the backbone of ARCH’s service suite.
In 2003 Chanan was joined by current partners Nilen Kambaran and Riyadh Omardien, also coming from insurance and independent actuarial consulting backgrounds.
ARCH is an independent firm. All of the owner-members are actuaries or actuarial graduates and all are involved in the day-to-day business.
We strive to provide a personalised service of excellent quality.
ARCH has brought together varied talents from diverse backgrounds, giving us a strong foundation with which to pursue our goal. This is built on the key principles of:
- Developing and maintaining close client relationships
- Keeping abreast of professional and best practice guidelines
- Maintaining independence to eliminate conflicts of interest
- Innovation and flexibility ensuring the development of efficient models and templates, keeping costs to a minimum
Independent. Actuarially owned and managed.
Two-thirds of our members are Historically Disadvantaged Individuals and two-thirds of our full-time staff complement are HDI.
Inexpensive but innovative. Flexible but focussed. Personalised but prompt.
We’d like to think that our client-relationship track record speaks for itself. ARCH is proud of the following achievements:
- We have assisted over one hundred retirement funds with statutory valuations, conversions, regulatory requirements, independent consulting, surplus apportionments and IAS 19 reports
- We have serviced over half the country’s cities and municipalities with liability calculation reports for their annual financial statements
- We have valued and reported on over one thousand long-term employee benefit liabilities (in accordance with the relevant required financial reporting standards)
- We have quantified losses in over twelve thousand third party matters for the legal industry and the Road Accident Fund
- We have consulted to foreign clients in Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania and the United Kingdom
- We have retained most of our clients since they commenced with us – many over 15 years ago
Over the past five years ARCH has donated to the following charities:
We have used the services of ARCH Actuarial Consulting since 2003. They provide us with an annual report on the company’s post-employment medical aid subsidy for financial reporting. We have always been happy with their services and prices and have no hesitation recommending them to other potential clients.
We use ARCH because they are prompt, affordable, accurate and consistent.
We are satisfied with their prices, levels of expertise, thoroughness and after-sales service, and would recommend them to any other organization requiring similar actuarial input.
Chanan Weiss has always delivered a product of excellent quality within the time constraints given. We have no hesitation in recommending ARCH.
For many years now, our firm has been instructing ARCH Actuarial Consulting (ARCH) on several of our matters. We have found ARCH’s turnaround time phenomenal and their execution of their instructions to be precise. The ARCH team are often placed under tremendous pressure by our firm to furnish us with calculations, based on several scenarios, within a very short time frame and yet their team is always friendly and accommodating. The ARCH team are an absolute pleasure to work with and we look forward to many more years working together.
I have found ARCH to be always reliable, often assisting on an urgent basis under tight turnaround times, while maintaining their professional code, objectivity and high standards. Their knowledge and experience in the field is invaluable when it comes to important and unusual aspects of any type of personal injury loss calculation. Reports they produce are understandable and consistent, and they remain available at a moment’s notice to discuss and explain their calculations when necessary.
Their service has always been of the highest standards. They are an institution with integrity who deliver accurate calculations and are always up to date with the latest developments in the field. Further to this they are extremely efficient and can be relied on to deliver reports in a very short turnaround time.
We have built up a trustworthy relationship and we have been provided with a comprehensive and a high level of service. Their service has always been, without exception, of a high standard, friendly, expeditious and efficient. They have an unrivalled turn-around time. We…have no hesitation in recommending their services.
For copies of reference letters, please contact us.